Getting back into the swing of things, not to mention going over a ridiculous amount of new recipe ideas this week...is anyone else excited about the Holidays?!!
Here's a fairly simple and easy recipe, one that happened by chance while I was on the road last week. It turned out to be something I continued to crave into this week, so I was quick to make it again.
Creamy Anti-Pasta Salad
Make ONE Batch of: Sweet Garlic Aioli
Make a HALF Batch of: Garlic Herb Ricotta
Mix/Whisk together your Aioli & Ricotta...
Make a big salad consisting of:
1 c Cauliflower - chopped
1 c White Onion - chopped
1 Lg Bell Pepper - chopped
2 Carrots - chopped
2 Med Tomatoes - chopped
Capers - to taste
Optional (for an awesome flavor punch):
Mix your salad and dressing together. Let it sit in the fridge for at least a half hour so the flavors can dance around together...it's a veggie party in your fridge!
Enjoy this nommy salad on top of a bed of sprouts.
My lovely friend Lacey of The Kuntrageous Vegan(gotta love her for boasting such a bold blog name!) gave me a Versatile Blogger Award a little while ago and I'm so embarrassed that it's taken me this long to acknowledge it! Here goes nothing...just for you Lacey!
7 Things About Me You Don't Know:
1. One of my biggest influences in life is my little Sister. I love her more than I can put to words, she helps keep my humor fresh, fuels my love for good new music, inspires me to make crazy food, and has played a vital role in my personal growth over these last few years. Plus she's just freaking brilliant.
2. I haven't had the chance to travel a lot in my life - but some of my favorite destinations are the small coastal towns in California. Mendocino and Occidental being the top two thus far.
I dream about owning a small cabin in the sleepy little town of Mendocino someday.
Visit Howard's Cafe in Occidental if you're ever in the area - it's TRAIN themed!
3. I have a very intense love of Trains - anyone who knows me knows this - but no one really knows how deep my love of trains runs. I have a Steam Engine tattoo on my forearm, a Train themed sitting room, and if I had my way, every single out of town destination would revolve around some kind of train related activity. Seriously you guys. I love TRAINS.
4. I am the biggest daydreamer I know.
I could spend an hour sitting in the sunshine wishing that it was normal to burst out in song and dance at any given moment. I love trips to the grocery store and smiling at strangers in the produce section. I try to wear rose-colored glasses wherever I go, and I really believe that every day holds some kind of new and exciting adventure.
5. My least favorite food is: Eggplant! I hate the stuff...but I'm hell bent on changing this. Any advice is welcome! This is my only successful recipe involving Eggplant.
6. My all time favorite food is: Zucchini!
7. I don't think of myself as being a very exciting person. I don't drink, I don't do drugs, and my idea of fun (has changed greatly from even just a couple of years ago) is a big cup of sun tea, good conversation, and good food.
Almost forgot - I have to pass this on to 5 awesome bloggers. Here's who I'm thinking about right now:
Marci of Pumpkin Spice. Seriously one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. My blogging sister-from-another-mister. Love you Marci.
Caitlin of The Hardcore Herbivore. My blogging kid sis - Caitlin is the sharpest foodie/photographer I know, and I also owe her a lot of thanks for some kick ass recipe inspiration.
Griffen of Friendly Eating. I haven't known Griffen for very long but I really love his blog and look forward to reading every entry.
Greg & Kristen of The Casual Vegan. Two amazing People with a passion for green-living, and raising a beautiful little bundle of joy. I'm honored to know this duo, and proud to call them my friends.
Nikki of Yummy Raw Kitchen. I really like this girl, and I hope some day to meet her in person. Also, she makes some really wicked yummy looking food.