Well, hi there.
It's been over a year since my last actual recipe post so I'm not gonna lie, this feels slightly awkward. At the same time, in spite of the awkwardness it also feels really really good to be in this place again; giving away something I love.
For now I'll spare you the formalities and just say that my life has been weird, and bumpy, and messy, and difficult (so difficult) -- but recently I was able to have the simplest and most profound conversation with myself -- and then this recipe happened. As plain as it may be, this recipe truly represents something that's been stirring up inside of me for a while now; small but powerful. At the moment I'm eating about two of these protein packed bites a day; before my morning run and as an in-between meal snack.
They've also got the still-ever-so-picky Mr. AtV's seal of approval, so without further ado...
Almond Butter (or Peanut Butter) Protein Bites
This recipe yields roughly 24-30 bites/balls, depending on how you size them
- 2 cups Almond Flour - packed
- 1/4 c Coconut Flour - packed
- 1/2 tsp *Salt - optional as you may want to omit if your nut butter is already salted
- 1 cup Almond Butter (or Peanut Butter)
- 3/4 cup Date Paste
- 2-3 Tbsp Raw Honey
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all of your dry ingredients.
- Combine all of of the wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and mix together very thoroughly.
- The batter may be slightly crumbly, but will mold together very easily with the help of the natural oils.
- Using a small cookie scooper - or just your bare hands - shape together roughly 2 tablespoons of the batter into a round cookie. Repeat this step until all of the bites have been shaped.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour - this allows the oils in the bites to set and thicken.
- Put em in your face!
P.S. Thank so much for reading this, and while I can't make any promise, I am actually writing recipes again -- so hopefully there's more to come.